good point ted! i should have waited a bit longer before responding :)

ben

On 08/16/2010 09:20 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:
There are two different concepts.  One is connection loss.  Watchers survive
this and the client automatically connects
to another member of the ZK cluster.

The other is session expiration.  Watchers do not survive this.  This
happens when a client does not provide timely
evidence that it is alive and is marked as having disappeared by the
cluster.