In the c API, connections are asynchronous, meaning after calling
zookeeper_unit your global handler will first receive a connecting state and
then a connected state event.

So. You'd not want to assume that a connected state preceded by a connecting
state means any type of connection failure.

It sounds like you may want to consider leader election of zknodes in your
application instead of using session events to guess when your zkclients are

Sent from my iPhone