Hi,

I'm not sure if you mean the timers I was on about earlier.  If so,
http://linux.die.net/man/3/clock_gettime

Sufficiently recent versions of GNU libc and the Linux kernel support the
following clocks:

*CLOCK_MONOTONIC* Clock that cannot be set and represents monotonic time
since some unspecified starting point. Although re-reading that now, I might
have applied wishful thinking to my interpretation.

regards,
Martin