True.  But it knows that there has been a jump.

Quiet time can be distinguished from clock shift by assuming that members of
the cluster
don't all jump at the same time.

I would imagine that a "recent clock jump" estimate could be kept and
buckets that would
otherwise expire due to such a jump could be given a bit of a second lease
on life, delaying
all of their expiration.  Since time-outs are relatively short, the server
would be able to forget
about the bump very shortly.