Hi Dave,
  Thanks for the response.  I understand your point about missed events
during a watch reset period.  I may be off, here is the functionality I
was thinking.  I'm not sure if the ZK internal versioning process could
possibly support something like this.

1. A watch is placed on children
2. The event is fired to the client.  The client receives the Stat
object as part of the event for the current state of the node when the
event was created.  We'll call this Stat A with version 1
3. The client performs processing.  Meanwhile the node has several
children changed. Versions are incremented to version 2 and version 3
4. Client resets the watch
5. A node is added
6. The event is fired to the client.  Client receives Stat B with
version 4
7. Client calls performs a deltaChildren(Stat A, Stat B)
8. zookeeper returns added nodes between stats, also returns deleted
nodes between stats.

This would handle the missed event problem since the client would have
the 2 states it needs to compare.  It also allows clients dealing with
large data sets to only deal with the delta over time (like a git
replay).  Our number of queues could get quite large, and I'm concerned
that keeping my previous event's children in a set to perform the delta
may become quite memory and processor intensive  Would a feature like
this be possible without over complicating the Zookeeper core?