On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Yatir Ben Shlomo <yat...@outbrain.com>wrote:

> 2. Unfortunately I have already tried to switch to the new jar but it does
> not seem to be backward compatible.
> It seems that the QuorumPeerConfig class does not have the following field
> protected int clientPort;
> It was replaced by InetSocketAddress clientPortAddress in the new jar
> So I am getting java.lang.NoSuchFieldError exception...

That's why I suggested only changing it on the client, this error indicates
that you changed the jar on the server as well. It seems that solr is using
some of our lower layer apis.

Just change the jar on the client, not everywhere, and retry. The logs
should contain the exact connect string used. Also try increasing the
logging level to debug or trace on the client, which might provide addl
insight.

Patrick