Zwiki is a powerful, easy-to-use GPL wiki engine for Zope. It works in
both standard Zope
and CMF/Plone. You can find out all about it at http://zwiki.org . |
A productive month. Outside the product release notes, here's what I
remember off the top of my head -
The zwiki.org discussion setup has been simplified; the mail lists have
been retired, and the main discussion page is called GeneralDiscussion
again. http://zwiki.org/AboutZwikiDiscussion explains all.
I'm offering free experimental zwiki hosting at
plone.zwiki.org has moved to http://plone.demo.zwiki.org . Old urls
should still work.
http://notes.demo.zwiki.org demonstrates a zwiki configured as a
personal notes wiki/outliner.
http://wikimatrix.joyful.com (and http://squeak.joyful.com/Packages)
demonstrate a simple matrix/database app using structured wiki data.
http://zwiki.org/FrontPage has a new layout and demonstrates blog-style
display of recent pages, inspired by Michael Haubenwallner and others.
http://joyful.com lists all wikis on this server.
I've been updating the blog at http://joyfulsystems.blogspot.com .
We now have a wikipedia entry, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwiki
A nicer darcs web interface has been installed, see zwiki-org ->
darcs or http://joyful.com/darcs . There were 106 darcs commits this
month, probably a new record.
Zwiki 0.46.0 2005/10/01
Per-user mailout policy, skins reorganization, plugin architecture
enhancements, support for boring pages, wicked link syntax, favicons
and separate create form, better logging, many code cleanups &
To make your rss feeds and zwiki.org-style blog listings less
junky, do SomePage/setupCatalog to add the new isBoring index.
An mailout_policy folder property with value "edits" overrides the
per-user policy (see below), but this may be dropped in a future
- fix __implements__ attribute error when CMF is not installed
- make Zwiki startup more robust with strange locales/strange
- make zmi add wiki form use a btreefolder
- don't break when adding a wiki with id home (#591)
- drop unnecessary loading plugins message at startup
- don't log a warning at startup when the system locale is None
- clarify missing PTS warning at startup
- make fit import failure warning at startup less troubling
- fix a case where a page upgrade wouldn't get logged
- don't break when displaying a page whose page type has been
- wiki subscriber mail-out, rss feeds and blog listings will ignore
boring pages TestPage, SandBox and their offspring, by default. You can
configure different pages in a boring_pages lines folder property, one
per line. An isBoring index has been added to the standard catalog
fields, run /setupCatalog to add it.
- set a true use_double_parenthesis_links property to enable
Wicked-style double parenthesis syntax for freeform wiki links. This is
for world users who can't easily type .
- rename and delete no longer check for a username in addition to
the permissions (though the skin may still hide them without a
- the /changes_rss feed now shows the edit diff
- misc_/* image paths are now relative to be more robust with
- be sure to create our own recycle_bin even if the parent folder
- purple numbers now disabled by default
- allow create to be called directly by page management form
- add "all edits" checkboxes to subscribeform. Zwiki can now send
comments to some, edits to others.
- reparent now also sends a mailout
- remove (new), add (edit) in mailout subjects for clarity
- just say "links updated" in rename mailout subject
- use more consistent (property change) in issue mailouts, and
don't say it if no property changed
- /issuebrowser was showing filter issues form
General - skins
- big skins reorganization to reduce duplication
- use a separate createform skin template for creating pages if
- hide most of the wiki action links by default in standard skin
- tweak page management form layout in standard skin
- drop unnecessary extra text from page management form in cmf/plone
- remove old _ and = access keys from /showAccessKeys
- register just the zwiki_standard skin with
FilesystemSiteDirectory when installed
- italicise log notes in recent changes
- if a
favicon object is present, set it as the page
icon in the standard skin
- don't let recentchanges break when a page type has been
- use the word "page" instead of "subtopic" in the page management
- don't let non-template objects with the same id hide our skin
templates; improve bad template error
- remove the h2 bottom border style
- remove stray commas in page templates causing log warnings
- drop uploaded and wikinav_portlet templates from plone skin
- split content/ into wikis/ and scripts/
- strip html tags in the page summary, and add renderedSummary
which does formatting and linking
- rename all pagetypes' renderXIn methods to format
- plugins can now be packages or files
- plugins can now override any method in the product core
- add support for emacs-style "hooks" for customization by plugins
Zope-Announce maillist - Zope-Announce@zope.org
Zope-Announce for Announcements only - no discussions
(Related lists -
Developers: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )