Five 1.1 released!

The Five team is happy to release Five 1.1 final.  Compared to the 1.0
release, Five 1.1 brings a few more Zope 3 features to the Zope 2
world, such as

* Zope 3-style i18n (including fallback to existing Zope 2 i18n

* Zope 3 to Zope 2 interface bridging (in addition to the already
  supported Zope 2 to Zope 3 interface bridging),

* a couple more standard ZCML directives.

Five has also been changed internally -- the code has been
restructured and the testing framework has been simplified to be
easier to maintain.

For more information please consult the _CHANGES document.

Five 1.1 can be downloaded here:

Five 1.1 will not be part of any Zope 2.x release.  It is also the
last release to support Zope 2.7.  Five 1.2 will only work on Zope

About Five

Five is a Zope 2 product that allows you to integrate Zope 3
technologies into Zope 2, today.  It allows you to use the following
parts of the Zope 3 component architecture within Zope 2:

* Zope 3 interfaces

* adapters

* pages (views), including skins, layers and resources

* edit and add forms, based on schemas

* i18n

We've tried to keep the Five experience as close to Zope 3 as
possible, so this means that what you learn while using Five should
also be applicable to Zope 3.

More information about Five can be found on our website, here:

We hope you'll join our mailing list and let hear from yourself!

About the Zope 3 Base

Five is part of the *Zope 3 Base* project, which aims to offer an
approachable area for developers of Zope 3 related software. More
about the Zope 3 base and its projects can be found here:
Zope-Announce maillist  -

  Zope-Announce for Announcements only - no discussions

(Related lists -
 Developers: )