October 12, 2005 -- Nuxeo is happy to release CPSSharedCalendar 1.3.3
CPSSharedCalendar is an advanced, flexible calendaring component for
Zope and CPS3. It allows CPS users to access personal calendars using a
web interface. Events on the calendar can be shared between multiple
users, as a user can invite others to an event. This event will then
appear on the calendar of the invited users as well.
Features of the CPSSharedCalendar include among others:
* a web interface for managing calendars,
* integration with iCalendar clients (Apple iCal, Mozilla Sunbird,
KOrganizer...) using the iCalendar protocol,
* invitation workflow,
* meeting support,
* meeting helper that looks for free time,
CPSSharedCalendar is built on a reusable core and is not just for
CPS. It has been written from the ground up to be easy to integrate with
other Zope 2 platforms such as Plone and Silva, and with portability to
Zope 3 in mind. Its python core component (CalCore) can even be used
outside of Zope altogether.
Recent changes includes:
* Major speed increases for big installations.
* Event coloring according to type.
* Calendar "stacking": You can create calendars which display the
events of several calendars as if they were one.
* Migration from the older CPSCalendar.
* Support for Zope 2.7 and 2.8, CMF 1.4 and 1.5, CPS 3.2 and 3.3.
* Bugfixes, including finalizing the french translation.
For more functional and technical information, see the CPSSharedCalendar
CPSSharedCalendar can be downloaded here:
Look at the README.txt file in the package for more information on how
to install CPSSharedCalendar.
If you'd like to help with CPSSharedCalendar development or porting to
other platforms, please join the cps-devel mailing list at
http://lists.nuxeo.com/mailman/listinfo/cps-devel (a dedicated list will
be created if needed in the future).
Lennart Regebro, Nuxeo http://www.nuxeo.com/
CPS Content Management http://www.cps-project.org/
Zope-Announce maillist - Zope-Announce@zope.org
Zope-Announce for Announcements only - no discussions
(Related lists -
Developers: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )