Please join us February 15, 7:30-9:00 PM, for the eighth meeting of the Fredericksburg, VA Zope and Python User Group ("ZPUG"). Topics are ZODB Blob support, Zope 3 C2 certification, and a Twisted book review.

This meeting is moved from the usual date (second Wednesday) to accommodate the visit of Christian Theune, an active member of the Zope community who will be visiting from Europe.

More detail on topics:

* Christian Theune is leading an effort to get Zope 3 Common Criteria certified. The Common Criteria is an international security evaluation program for software, based on US, Canadian, and European standards (more information at the bottom of this email). Christian will talk about this process and ask for feedback and ideas about the C2 certification of Zope 3.

* Christian is also working with one of our ZPUG attendees, Chris McDonough, to add blob support to the Zope Object Database (ZODB), which essentially makes working with large blobs in the ZODB more efficient. He will talk about progress and approach for this effort.

* Benji York will review the O'Reilly book about the Twisted network programming framework, with Zac Bir and Gary Poster chiming in occasionally.

    * We will serve delicious food and soft drinks.

Next meeting, March 8, will have Brian Lloyd talk about IronPython (a Microsoft-sponsored implementation of Python on .Net); and Gary Poster talk about zasync 2, an in-development tool based on Twisted and Zope 3; and possibly other topics. The following meeting, April 12, will have Zac Bir talk about a Twisted-based application on Mac OS X; and other topics.

We've had a nice group for all the meetings. Please come and bring friends!

General ZPUG information

When: second Wednesday of every month, 7:30-9:00.

Where: Zope Corporation offices. 513 Prince Edward Street; Fredericksburg, VA 22408 (tinyurl for map is http://tinyurl.com/duoab).

Parking: Zope Corporation parking lot; entrance on Prince Edward Street.

Topics: As desired (and offered) by participants, within the constraints of having to do with Python or Zope.

Contact: Gary Poster ([EMAIL PROTECTED])