2006-03-17 Nuxeo proudly presents version 2 of it's calendar framework.
The calendar framework is a set of advanced, flexible calendar
components for Python and Zope.
CalCore is a calendar component for Python. It allows the Python
developer do write advanced calendar applications either using their
own event storage or integrating with external calendar servers.
Features of the CalCore include among others:
* Support for making private calendars, shared calendars, resource
booking and more,
* invitation workflow,
* iCalendar import and export,
* meeting support, including helper functions to look for free time,
* recurring event support,
CalZope is the Zope module that provides a web user interface for
CalCore. Features include:
* an internationalized web user interface,
* integration with iCalendar clients (Apple iCal, Mozilla Sunbird, ...) using
the iCalendar and http,
* an advanced meeting helper that allows you to search for free time
amongst the invited users,
The changes between version 1 and version 2 have been mostly in
CalZope, where we now have started using more of the techniques
available through the tighter integration of Zope 3s component
architecture in Zope 2.
* Local utilities instead of portal tools, providing for an easier
greater portability to various non-CMF frameworks, such as Silva and Zope 3.
* zope.i18n for internationalization providing translations of CalZope without
additional tools such as Localizer or PTS. CalZope will in a
standard Zope now be
automaticaly translated into english, french and more, and you can easily add
your own translations.
* Install script, so you can easily try CalZope out in a pure Zope environment.
* And of course, various minor bugfixes.
For CPS users, all these modules are a part of the CPSGroupware
bundle, together with the CPSMailAccess web mail client.
For more functional and technical information, see the Calendar Server
web site: http://www.cps-project.org/sections/projects/calendar_server
CalCore v2 can be downloaded here:
CalZope v2 can be downloaded here:
If you'd like to help with development or porting to other platforms,
please join the cps-devel mailing list at
Lennart Regebro, Nuxeo http://www.nuxeo.com/
CPS Content Management http://www.cps-project.org/
Zope-Announce maillist - Zope-Announce@zope.org
Zope-Announce for Announcements only - no discussions
(Related lists -
Developers: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )