Nuxeo Calendar Server released in version 2
Nuxeo releases version 2 of it's calendar products for Python and
Zope, updating to the latest technology frameworks.
Nuxeo proudly presents version 2 of it's calendar framework.
The calendar framework is a set of advanced, flexible calendar
components for Python and Zope.
CalCore is a calendar component for Python. It allows the Python
developer do write advanced calendar applications either using their
own event storage or integrating with external calendar servers.
Features of the CalCore include among others:
* Support for making private calendars, shared calendars, resource
booking and more,
* invitation workflow,
* iCalendar import and export,
* meeting support, including helper functions to look for free time,
* recurring event support,
CalZope is the Zope module that provides a web user interface for
CalCore. Features include:
* an internationalized web user interface,
* integration with iCalendar clients (Apple iCal, Mozilla Sunbird,
...) using the iCalendar and http,
* an advanced meeting helper that allows you to search for free time
amongst the invited users,
The changes between version 1 and version 2 have been mostly in
CalZope, where we now have started using more of the techniques
available through the tighter integration of Zope 3s component
architecture in Zope 2.
* Local utilities instead of portal tools, providing for an easier
installation and greater portability to various non-CMF
frameworks, such as Silva and Zope 3.
* zope.i18n for internationalization providing translations of
CalZope without additional tools such as Localizer or PTS. CalZope
will in a standard Zope now be automaticaly translated into
english, french and more, and you can easily add your own
* Install script, so you can easily try CalZope out in a pure Zope
* And of course, various minor bugfixes.
For CPS users, all these modules are a part of the CPSGroupware bundle,
together with the CPSMailAccess webmail client.
For more functional and technical information, see the Calendar Server
CalCore v2 can be downloaded here:
CalZope v2 can be downloaded here:
CPSGroupware 1.9.0 for CPS 3.4.0 can be downloaded here:
If you'd like to help with development or porting to other platforms,
please join the cps-devel mailing list at
Stefane Fermigier - CEO, Nuxeo SAS - http://www.nuxeo.com/en/
Open Source ECM provider - http://www.cps-project.org
Free software developer - http://blogs.nuxeo.com/sections/blogs/fermigier
Zope-Announce maillist - Zope-Announce@zope.org
Zope-Announce for Announcements only - no discussions
(Related lists -
Developers: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )