After reviewing the docutils / reStructuredText integration in Zope 2, we have discovered that versions 2.7.0 - 2.7.8 and 2.8.0 - 2.8.8 are vulnerable to a further information disclosure exploit.

This hotfix removes the exploit by disabling the reStructuredText feature which exposes the vulnerability. This vulnerability has been fixed on the 2.8 branch, and will thus not be present in any future release from that branch (2.8.9 or later).

Zope2 versions from 2.9 and the trunk are not vulnerable to this exploit.

Note that this hotfix fixes a problem not attressed by the earlier reStructuredText integration hotfix ; that hotfix needs to remain installed until after upgrading to a fixed version of Zope.

We have prepared a hot fix for this problem at:

This hotfix should be installed as soon as possible.

To install, simply extract the archive into your Products directory in your Zope installation.

See: Hotfix-20060821/README.txt,

for installation instructions.

It is important to install this hotfix as soon as possible.

This fix will disable the reStructuredText csv-table directive.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation

Zope-Announce maillist  -

 Zope-Announce for Announcements only - no discussions

(Related lists - Users:
Developers: )