The Five team is happy to announce the release of three Five stable
releases today! Many thanks to Rocky Burt for making those releases!
What is Five
Five is a Zope 2 product that allows you to integrate Zope 3
technologies into Zope 2, today. Among others, it allows you to use
Zope 3 interfaces, ZCML-based configuration, adapters, browser pages
(including skins, layers, and resources), automated add and edit forms
based on schemas, object events, as well as Zope 3-style i18n message
We've tried to keep the Five experience as close to Zope 3 as
possible, so this means that what you learn while using Five should
also be applicable to Zope 3, and viceversa.
More information about Five can be found on our website,
* browser: processInputs now decodes strings in lists and tuples.
* Made the __call__ method of ViewMixinForAttributes have the same
signature as the original attribute. This aids some pathological
request parameter marshalling.
* Port code from Zope 3 making resource directories recursive.
Thanks to Richard Waid.
* formlib: Removed redundant subpageform.pt and pageform.pt. Added
missing error view configuration. (Five 1.4 and 1.5 only)
* Fixed #2168: Missing import (Five 1.5 only)
* site: Fixed small bug in FiveSiteManager. (issue #2198)
(Five 1.5 only)
About the Zope 3 Base
Five is part of the *Zope 3 Base* project, which aims to offer an
approachable area for developers of Zope 3 related software. More
about the Zope 3 base and its projects can be found on the project
Zope-Announce maillist - Zope-Announce@zope.org
Zope-Announce for Announcements only - no discussions
(Related lists -
Developers: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )