The Grok team is happy to announce the release of Grok 0.12!
Grok is a web application framework built with Zope 3 technologies that aims to
be easy to use.
See also http://grok.zope.org/
This release is available on PyPI and a new index of specific versions of
packages used by this release has been frozen at
http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-0.12.cfg. This means that new projects
created with grokproject will start using this release right away.
* Viewlet support. Viewlets are highly configurable "part-of-page" components.
Expect documentation on the website soon.
* Automatic inclusion of dependencies. No more editing configure.zcml of your
application when you add a new package to setup.py that has ZCML. Grok now
automatically should find this dependency and loads its ZCML, so only editing
setup.py and running bin/buildout should now be required.
* Added testsetup classes in grok.testing to improve easy setup of unit- and
* Note also that the Base postfix feature has been removed. Classes with
names that end with this postfix are not treated as Grok base classes
anymore. Use the grok.baseclass directive instead.
To upgrade an existing project from 0.11.x to 0.12 you have to:
1. change the 'extends' directive in your project's buildout.cfg to point to
2. run ``bin/buildout`` in your project, to update the dependencies including
the 0.12 egg of Grok itself
For the detailed changelog, see Grok's PyPI entry page
For detailed upgrade notes, including how to change your application, see
For installation instructions and much more on how to use Grok, see the Grok
We hope to hear from you!
If you enjoy Grok, please subscribe to the grok-dev mailing list and join us in
the #grok channel on irc.freenode.net.
Zope-Announce maillist - Zope-Announce@zope.org
Zope-Announce for Announcements only - no discussions
(Related lists -
Developers: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )