The Grok team is happy to announce the release of Grok 0.14!
This release is available on PyPI and a new index of specific versions
of packages used by this release has been frozen at
http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-0.14.cfg. This means that new
projects created with grokproject will start using this release right
This release is the first release of Grok that officially supports
Python 2.5 (besides Python 2.4 itself). The main focus of this release
has been a restructuring of Grok, spinning off packages that can now
be used independently in Zope 3 projects as well as in Zope 2 (through
* Spin off of grokcore.view - support for views is now maintained
in this package.
* Spin off of grokcore.security - support for security
declarations is now maintained here
* Spin off of grokcore.formlib - support for zope.formlib based forms
* Spin off of grokui.admin - the admin UI is now distributed
separately, but grokproject automatically will include it when you
create a new grok project.
* the grok.Skin baseclass is now gone and has been simplified with
the grok.skin directive that can be placed on a layer instead.
To upgrade an existing project from 0.13 to 0.14 you have to:
* include grokui.admin explicitly as a dependency in your setup.py
* update the versions.cfg in your project with the version from
* modify uses of grok.Skin to use the grok.skin directive
For the detailed changelog, see Grok's PyPI entry page.
For detailed upgrade notes, including how to change your application,
For installation instructions and much more on how to use Grok, see
the Grok tutorial: http://grok.zope.org/documentation/book
We hope to hear from you!
If you enjoy Grok, please subscribe to the grok-dev mailing list and
join us in the #grok channel on irc.freenode.net.
Zope-Announce maillist - Zope-Announce@zope.org
Zope-Announce for Announcements only - no discussions
(Related lists -
Developers: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )