5 august 2010 – After a sneak preview at Europython, Infrae is pleased
to announce the beta1 release of Silva 2.3. This release adds a slew of
new features for users, developers, and system administrators. The most
important point is that it uses Python 2.6 and Zope 2.12 (it won’t work
with Python 2.4 or any previous version of Zope).
* In Kupu images and linked objects use references so the content
objects can be moved across the site without breaking links.
* The form editor is gone, Documents (and News items in Silva News) are
now rendered by default with XSLT.
* Silva Links, Silva Ghost Folders, Silva Ghosts, Silva Indexers and
Silva Find also use the same reference mechanism.
* A content object cannot be deleted if it is the target of a reference.
This prevents having broken links.
* The XML import/export has been improved to preserve proper references
on import independent of the export location. You cannot export content
object that have a reference target outside of the export tree.
uses a REST API to query the site.
* Silva supports WSGI servers. It is now the recommended way to run
Silva. You can use Paste or Apache’s mod_wsgi.
* z3c form has been replaced in favor of zeam.form.
* The SMI partially uses silva.core.layout.
* Management of HTTP response headers has been improved.
* Various code optimizations have been performed.
* Many tests have been added, cleaned, refactored, and improved.
* A new test setup system makes testing easier.
* The Old SilvaLayout products is no longer distributed by default.
* XMLWidgets are gone.
Silva for mobile devices:
Silva integrates with Mobi, a middleware suite for detecting mobile devices.
Silva provides a layout system that is able to choose the best
presentation for a mobile device or computer.
For more technical information on Mobi have a look at the product page
Silva News Network:
* Silva News Network 2.9 has been refactored with improved calendaring
Check out docs.infrae.com
See http://docs.infrae.com/ for extensive installation documentation.
What is Silva?
Silva is a powerful CMS for organizations that manage multiple or
complex websites. Content is stored in clean and futureproof XML,
independent of layout and presentation. Features include versioning,
workflow system, integral visual editor (Kupu), content reuse,
sophisticated access control, multi–site management, extensive
import/export facilities, fine–grained templating, and hi–res image
storage and manipulation.
For more complete information, see the Silva Product Pages at
Silva 2.3 should be installed using buildout:
or using Paster by selecting the development distribution. For more
information on the Silva installation procedure see:
FMI contact Kit Blake, kitblake at infrae com, +31 10 243 7051.
Zope-Announce maillist - Zope-Announce@zope.org
Zope-Announce for Announcements only - no discussions
(Related lists -
Developers: https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )