Log message for revision 66657:
Backing out smelly fix for 2057, as on the trunk.
--- Zope/branches/2.9/doc/CHANGES.txt 2006-04-08 01:40:12 UTC (rev 66656)
+++ Zope/branches/2.9/doc/CHANGES.txt 2006-04-08 01:43:16 UTC (rev 66657)
@@ -18,9 +18,6 @@
- - Collector #2057: Allow Testing.makerequest to work with
- any acquisition-supporting root object, not just Zope2.app.
- Formerly, if you did that, getPhysicalPath() was broken.
Zope 2.9.2 (2006/03/27)
--- Zope/branches/2.9/lib/python/Testing/makerequest.py 2006-04-08 01:40:12 UTC
+++ Zope/branches/2.9/lib/python/Testing/makerequest.py 2006-04-08 01:43:16 UTC
@@ -20,8 +20,7 @@
app = makerequest.makerequest(Zope2.app())
You can optionally pass stdout to be used by the response,
-and an environ mapping to be used in the request.
-Defaults are sys.stdout and os.environ.
+default is sys.stdout.
If you don't want to start a zope app in your test, you can wrap other
objects, but they must support acquisition and you should only wrap
@@ -54,14 +53,4 @@
requestcontainer = RequestContainer(REQUEST = req)
- # Workaround for collector 2057: ensure that we don't break
- # getPhysicalPath if app has that method.
- # We could instead fix Traversable.getPhysicalPath() to check for
- # existence of p.getPhysicalPath before calling it; but it's such
- # a commonly called method that I don't want to impact performance
- # for something that AFAICT only affects makerequest() in
- # practice.
- if getattr(app, 'getPhysicalPath', None) is not None:
- requestcontainer.getPhysicalPath = lambda: ()
Zope-Checkins maillist - Zope-Checkins@zope.org