Log message for revision 107331:
Improve the buildout-based instance setup section:
* mention plone.recipe.zope2instance, which is more convenient for people
starting from scratch
* correct the name of the mistyped 'log' subdir.
* more explicitly mention that the zope.conf excerpt provided here is just
that: an excerpt, and not a complete minimalistic zope.conf.
--- Zope/trunk/doc/INSTALL.rst 2009-12-29 23:44:15 UTC (rev 107330)
+++ Zope/trunk/doc/INSTALL.rst 2009-12-29 23:46:24 UTC (rev 107331)
@@ -136,11 +136,16 @@
Creating a buildout-based Zope Instance
-If you wish to use buildout to manage your Zope instance, then the
+If you wish to use buildout to manage your Zope instance, there are recipes
+like `plone.recipe.zope2instance`__ that automate everything.
+ __ http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.recipe.zope2instance
+If you're a power user and want to drop to the basics, then the
instance is created as follows:
* Create a directory for your instance. In this directory, create a
- ``etc``, ``logs`` and ``var`` subdirectories.
+ ``etc``, ``log`` and ``var`` subdirectories.
* Download the following file into your instance directory:
@@ -186,6 +191,8 @@
+ <rest of the stuff that goes into a zope.conf, e.g. databases and log
.. highlight:: bash
* Now, run the following commands::
Zope-Checkins maillist - Zope-Checkins@zope.org