From: Dieter Maurer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: April 3, 2005 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] Access rule for setting skin

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote at 2005-4-1 17:43 -0500:
>So for instance I have a CMF root at /site/atlas ... This works fine.
>The view is "root_view" (A FS based PT in the skins).
>If I do /site/atlas/en or /site/atlas/fr, I get something entirely

It might help to explain what you get...

>If I do /site/atlas/en/root_view or /site/atlas/fr/root_view, then I'm
>back in business.
>I'm guessing this has something to do with when the access rule
>actually gets called and so on (too early? Too late?).

Indeed. Both the "AccessRule" as well as the "default view" resolution use
the so called "__before_publishing_traverse__" hook.
You probably see a conflict for this ressource.

A workaround might be to move your "AccessRule" up in the hierarchy (such
that it does not change the "__before_publishing_traverse__"
of a content object).