I am programmatically creating batches of CMFDefault (Link) content from RSS feeds. The feeds use a wide variety of character sets, including for example arabic. The RSS parser then produces unicode data out of the RSS feeds.

The question becomes, does CMF 1.4.x / do its content types fully support using unicode? Or are there some limitations to this?

If strings are to be used in some places rather than unicode, does CMF 1.4.x support using UTF-8 encoding everywhere?

What about CMF 1.5.x?

I would think these issues are of wide interest so I the information must exist somewhere already... any pointers would be highly appreciated.