Sidnei da Silva wrote:
Specifically, in CMFCatalogAware.reindexObjectSecurity (recently
introduced by Florent Guillaume if I recall), it assumes getObject()
will return None in a failure.

reindexObjectSecurity is as old as the hills to the best of my knowledge, what was it Florent introduced?

  Module Products.ZCatalog.CatalogBrains, line 74, in getObject
  Module OFS.Traversable, line 232, in restrictedTraverse
  Module OFS.Traversable, line 181, in unrestrictedTraverse
   - __traceback_info__: ([], '1113527681')
  Module Products.CMFDefault.DiscussionItem, line 224, in
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'RESPONSE'

This seems like a pretty bad bug which should NOT be masked by getObject jus treturning None. Sheesh.

1. It is wrong in assuming getObject will return None. Well, actually
   it wasn't, but the carpet has been took away from under us :)

See my comments on other lists about how insane it is to support the belief that getObject should swallow all errors, not log anything, and just return None...