Dieter Maurer wrote:

Yes, logging should be there. I'll add a LOG at level WARNING somewhere,
I'm not sure where (after all it's unrestrictedTraverse that does the

When something in the catalog tells you, there were an object
and the object is not locatable, then this is an ERROR
and not a WARNING -- because, you met a data inconsistency.
Data inconsistencies are serious enough to be classified as "ERROR".

Even so, just logging is crazy, even for a user rather than an administrator...

It's like saying "okay, here's a safety belt that stops you going through the windshield, but it's so carcinogenic that you'll die on cancer some short while later"...