yuppie wrote:
[..]

7. ... it is placed in there.

(Why is this back-and-forth handling needed at all?)

CMF builds on top of Zope, so CMF's PortalFolder has to return a bare and empty object as required by Zope's webdav machinery.

Hence the question is: Why does PortalFolder's PUT_factory use invokeFactory, a method that obviously does more than we want?

AFAICS this was the easiest way to implement PUT_factory. TypesTool or TypeInfos don't provide a better method.

Hi Yuppie,

thanks for that clarification!

As I see it now, it should be perfectly fine to provide
my custom folder type with its own 'PUT_factory' such
that it does whatever I want for uploads into my
custom folder as long as I return to Zope's NullResource
an object it can live with. Think I got it now. Finally ...

Raphael

PS: Do people think it would be worthwhile documenting
this somehow? Or is this such a rare and special situation
that no-one would be interested in knowing?

Cheers,

    Yuppie