Dmitry S. Makovey a écrit :
I've got workflow which runs script upon transition. At some point In that script I'm trying to get info on what state I'm in via:
st=getattr(state_change,'new_state')
and it appears to be working only with 'Manager' role which mean that I have to give that script "proxy role" of manager which I was trying to avoid. Is there any other way, and why new_state, old_state and transition attributes are so strictly guarded?

I will try to go further than Raphael and Dieter posts (that usually is quite impossible).

My way to deal with the current state of a document within a workflow is to use the state_change object itself not using the getattr method

For example :
state_change.status.get('review_state')
On my side, this is working well for any Member

You can access the object managed by the workflow using state_change.object

There's a dozen of attributes within the state_change object, I let you see which ones using our big friend google