On 16 Jul 2005, at 15:18, Stefan H. Holek wrote:

Don't be scared, I checked in a whole bunch of tests too. ;-)

The problem we have is that CMF evaluates permissions for 'object' and 'workflow' actions in the object context, and 'folder' actions in the folder context. Other action categories are evaluated in the context of the portal, which is rarely useful. Plone has 'document' actions and we need permissions checked on the object, not the portal. It is a one line change (with 4 tests). If you really don't want it, we will have to resort to monkey patching ActionInfo.

Nah, I'm not going to give you grief about it, it just violates the "nothing but severe bug fixes" policy so soon before the release. This has a limited-enough scope, I just wanted to know what it was for.

You'll have more freedom again after I roll the 1.5.2 release tomorrow...