On 18 Jul 2005, at 12:00, Lennart Regebro wrote:
I suppose right now we're all a little bit in the air about what CVS
HEAD is going to become. Will it be CMF 2.0 or CMF 1.6? If we go the
more radical way to 2.0 it would be more permissible to have lesss
backwards compatibility I'd say...

I vote for 1.6, at least until it's clear what benefits and roughly
what changes 2.0 holds.

For all practical purposes the trunk still *is* 1.6, there is nothing radical on it... :) Unless someone gets trigger-happy it would actually be possible to do a 1.6 release series. Since 1.6 would be on its own branch after the first 1.6.0 beta release this does not "block" the trunk for more radical changes for long at all.