I think these are awesome ideas!! I had already removed Localizer and PTS and have been playing with translations in CMF with Five. With what you are suggesting, including message extraction, this will be really excellent and a really nice progression from what is currently available through Five!

BTW - PTS is very nasty to remove and I basically decided upon a clean ZODB to leave it behind. It is a very nice translation service through Five but I think many people will pull out their hair when they see that PTS is so awful to remove - but once you have - you will have some really nice benefits!