Tres Seaver wrote:
Not sure if you've written this, but a general FSXMLTemplate (not just XSL) would be nice for the rendering of xml Page Templates. In particular the problem I've wrangled with is inserting dynamically the <? xml parts at the top, for example what I really want to do is

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="rss.xsl"?>

Where that really needs to be:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="rss.xsl"  tal:attributes="href
string:$portal_url/rss.xsl"?>

Yup, we've all been there before. That, and script tags ;-)

If we used Andy's '.metadata' idea, then the DOCTYPE and <?xml* stuff
could be jammed in before the template got a chance to muck it up.

For me, this is a limitation of Page Templates that should be addressed, this doesn't affect only page templates in CMF. What's the correct way/place to start thinking about how to make Page Templates does with this common requirement?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk