On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:20:02 +0200, Geoff Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Alternatively you can create a function that checks the modification times
for the content and for all portlets as well.  Embed that composite time
in your ETag and you're all set.  ESI would be cool, too, but I'm not
betting that we'll see that any time soon.

The new PlonePortlets infrastructure could help here too, the plan is to have built-in caching parameters for each portlet here - so it can know whether it has fresh content or not, and feed that to external mechanisms like the ETags.

Still science fiction, though. ;)

(And before you ask - yes, we're putting it in the Collective shortly. :)