Hi Tres, (and cmf people),

I got zdb working on the plane back from the Plone conference by monkeypatching PythonScript._exec to fill pdb's linecache.

However, I do the change in what gets stored in code.co_filename by monkeypatching PythonScript._compile.

I just got bitten by this with a normal Script (Python) where I hadn't changed the code of the python script since I installed zdb. So, I'm now adding a more ruthless recompile function in the vein of PythonScript's /manage_addProduct/PythonScripts/recompile...

...which left me wondering if and when PythonScript's _compile method is called for FSPythonScripts. Also, is the same _exec method called, or do I have to think some more?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk