Hi Tres. It was me. Here is my trouble. I am am using CMFDefault in CMF-1.5.4 as a starting point for portal development. I have installed Zope 2.8.1 I have only modified main __init__ and Portal.py at this point and done some renaming to reflect my portal product -but I am getting this error in my event log. I am not subclassing it since there are some fairly major things I will be doing but still will use some of what it there. I have done nothing to change any of the Five zcml or portal types yet so am puzzled why this is showing up. Can you shed some light as I am still in the dark when it comes to zcml. I realize that these statements basically say it implementing inferfaces from CMFCore.

One thing I noticed is that there is no class Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IWorkflowDefinition. It is Products.CMFCore.interfaces.WorkflowDefinition (no I in front of WorkflowDefinition). Perhaps this is where it is getting messed up but why then is it not failing for CMFSite product? I upgraded my CMF yesterday but I have checked down to 1.5.2 and interfaces in CMF for types don't have I in front either but have same zcml as CMFDefault in 1.5.4. Was this something overlooked in CMFDefault or is it something I have done? Let me know if you want the full traceback.

The traceback is because Five is refusing to load and I am interested in using Five for translation services in the new product.

Regards,
David

Last part of traceback:

ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'interface', 'Module Products.CMFCore.interfaces has no global IWorkflowDefinition in Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IWorkflowDefinition')

This is where it is failing:

<!-- DefaultWorkflow -->

<implements
class=".DefaultWorkflow.DefaultWorkflowDefinition"
interface="Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IWorkflowDefinition"
/>

I have not changed interfaces file in the main portal product or DefaultWorkflow. If I comment out this statement in implements file, it fails on the next statement in implements.zcml which is

<!-- DiscussionItem -->

<implements
class=".DiscussionItem.DiscussionItem"
interface="Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IDiscussionResponse"
/>

When I look at bridge, it seems also that bridge does not go from WorkflowDefinition to IWorkflowDefinition.

<configure
xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/five"

<bridge
zope2=".interfaces.Document.IDocument"
package=".interfaces"
name="IDocument"
/>

<bridge
zope2=".interfaces.Document.IMutableDocument"
package=".interfaces"
name="IMutableDocument"
/>

<bridge
zope2=".interfaces.portal_membership.portal_membership"
package=".interfaces"
name="IMembershipTool"
/>

</configure>