Hi!

Right now the structure of the setup modules is a bit wired. I hope we can simplify that (on the trunk / for CMF 2.0).

The big picture:

In the long run CMFSetup becomes obsolete. The framework was already moved to GenericSetup and the setup handlers should become part of the related products.

For now CMFSetup is a legacy product that a) provides backwards compatibility for CMF 1.5 profiles / setup tools and b) contains some setup handlers that depend on the old ImportConfiguratorBase / ExportConfiguratorBase classes.

The current structure of setup modules in other products:

CMFActionIcons
    exportimport

CMFCalendar
    setuphandlers

CMFCore
    exportimport
    nodeadapters

CMFDefault
    setuphandlers

and on behalf of Zope products

GenericSetup.MailHost
    adapters

GenericSetup.PluginIndexes
    adapters

GenericSetup.ZCatalog
    adapters

GenericSetup.ZCTextIndex
    adapters

Proposed changes:

1.) CMFCalendar.setuphandlers and CMFDefault.setuphandlers contain provisional 'importVarious' handlers. As soon as these handlers become obsolete these modules should be removed.

2.) All setup related code should be in *one* sub-module of each product. I propose to use 'exportimport'. The also means to rename GenericSetup.*.adapters to GenericSetup.*.exportimport.

If there are no objections or better ideas I'll convert CMFCore.exportimport to a folder and move the CMFCore.nodeadapters code into it. And rename 'adapters' modules to 'exportimport'.

Cheers,

        Yuppie