I've been looking at making a view class for the RSS syndication in CMFDefault, and I've got all the forms and templates working fine. So now it's on to testing!

Has anyone written many tests for a view class? I'm not quite sure how to set the tests up, i.e. put the request and context in the right place. If there is an example floating round, please point me in the right direction!

Also, what's the approach to backwards compatibility. For example, in the goldegg_folder_contents branch, the templates all fail gracefully if the view class is not available, by calling python scripts or whatever. And the templates have remained in the skins folder rather than moving somewhere new. Is this the general approach?