Tres Seaver wrote:
I'd like to add a DeprecationWarning in manage_addCMFSite,
which is the entry point which drives PortalGenerator.  I plan to write
it as::

 def manage_addCMFSite(self, id, title='Portal', description='',
                       email_from_address='[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
                       email_from_name='Portal Administrator',
                       validate_email=0, default_charset='',
     """ Adds a portal instance.
     from warnings import warn

     warn("manage_addCMFSite is a deprecated way to create a CMF site; "
          "in the "
          "future, please use CMFSetup's 'Configured CMF Site' (from "
          "the ZMI "
          "add menu) or 'CMFSetup.factory.addConfiguredSite' (from "
          "Python).  "

Well. CMFSetup.factory.addConfiguredSite itself is deprecated because on the trunk the factory was moved to CMFDefault.

Cheers, Yuppie