On 4 Nov 2005, at 14:03, Geoff Davis wrote:

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 00:18:12 +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

I'm not sure if it's helpful for the main "consumer" of CMF releases
(-> Plone), but those who develop their own solutions on top of the
CMF might appreciate a release.

Thanks!  It looks like CacheFu (which makes use of the new CMF
304-handling code) is starting to be adopted at a number of high- traffic sites, and I'm sure the admins would be happier with a released version of

There's another excellent reason for a release then.

By the way, Geoff (and everyone else), you are encouraged to mention good reasons for releases if you come across them. If the last release has been out for over a month then starting on the next one makes sense if there are improvements that people start to depend on. Like this one.

I would also be in favor of following Andreas' lead for Zope and move to a purer time-based model where we say that each release maintenance branch should produce a "third dot" release in fixed intervals, maybe 2 months.