yuppie wrote:
The setup handlers for adapter based import / export are just boilerplate. I'd like to move the complete responsibility for setting up tools to importToolset / exportToolset.

toolset.xml already contains all the necessary information if we use the ID of the tool for computing the file names. catalog.xml would e.g. become portal_catalog.xml.

GenericSetup would need some BBB code to handle CMF 1.5 profiles. Old-style tool handlers can still have their own registry step.

This would make writing and maintaining tool handlers much simpler. On the other hand we loose some flexibility:

- import/export of selected tools from a bigger profile: don't think we really need that

What do you mean by "i/o of selected tools from a bigger profile" ?

Florent