Hi Rob!

Rob Miller wrote:
i managed to get the lion's share of the GenericSetup-based installation backported to the 1.6 branch tonight. the unit tests need to be fixed up, and i haven't done anything with the CMFTopic extension profile yet, but it is possible to add a functional CMF site TTW. i'll work on getting the tests to pass and the CMFTopic profile working later this week.

this is my first foray into working directly on the CMF, please let me know if i miss anything w.r.t. dev process, documentation, etc. additional eyes on the changes i've made also appreciated.

1.) Please subscribe to the CMF-checkins list. This way your checkins will show up in that list and additional eyes can see them.

2.) Please set svn:keywords Id on new python files. If you copy files from an other branch, it's better to use svn copy. That preserves the history and svn properties.

3.) I'm a bit surprised how much of the TypesTool changes you ported back. And that PortalGenerator is gone. Those changes potentially break products that work with CMF 1.5.

4.) At least CMF 2.0 TypesTool and ActionsTool have modifications that make it impossible to use the CMF 2.0 handlers for CMF 1.5 code. I guess you have to modify CMFSetup and use some CMF 1.5 handlers to get everything working.