Florent Guillaume wrote:
Alec Mitchell wrote:
So we have two full reindexes, and three metadata updates. The last reindex appears to be there only to catch the change to 'portal_type' in _finishConstruction. So, this final reindexObject, might safely be changed to reindexObject(['portal_type', 'Type']),

This was the case in my initial code, but Yuppie changed it:
I don't remember what the reason was, though I believe it was discussed a bit at the time on the lists.

- This change was made 2 years ago, Zope 2.6.3 was not released yet. At that time a full reindex was the *only* way to update the metadata.

- indexObject() doesn't call notifyModified() -> addCreator(). So who ever modifies that code should make sure addCreator() is still called and indexed.

See also http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-July/020818.html