Florent Guillaume wrote:
Tres Seaver wrote:

Note that the current breakage on the 1.6 branch is the kind of stuff
that made me reluctant to borrow the trunk's CMFSetup/GenericSetup.  In
this case, it isn't really fair to complain about the test breakage, in
that the whole point of the branch is to find and fix such things.

Well if the tests are expected to be broken, it shouldn't be called branches/1.6 but branches/genericsetup-backport. "1.6" is the name of an "official" branch, which should be clean.

this is my fault. i shouldn't have named the branch '1.6'... in fact, i'd be happy to rename it, if that's what people want.

i DO run the tests, religiously, BTW, and i mentioned this explicitly in an earlier message:

> i managed to get the lion's share of the GenericSetup-based
> installation backported to the 1.6 branch tonight.  the unit tests
> need to be fixed up, and i haven't done anything with the CMFTopic
> extension profile yet, but it is possible to add a functional CMF site
> TTW.  i'll work on getting the tests to pass and the CMFTopic profile
> working later this week

this was sent on 11/16, i've done a bit more work since then, but haven't gotten things squared away, yet.

I've just fixed a couple of things, which is more than the bandwidth I
meant to spend on the 1.6 branch alredy.

my apologies. as i said, i'm very aware of the issue and it resolving it is on my short short list of things to do. the problem is, as jens pointed out, that i shouldn't have created a 1.6 branch but should have instead given it another name until it was more ready for public consumption.

i have to run to a meeting right now, but if someone wants to rename the branch, please do.. i will be putting some time into this tonight, hopefully i can get this completely resolved. otherwise, i will be off-line all weekend, and will be picking up development early next week.