On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 08:54:34PM -0000, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> ... And again, for the "site themer" role, a layer on top of
> that like what Paul is describing sounds appealing.

Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to say that Meld2 serves the
same purpose as Paul E's proposal. Rather, I was going off on a
tangent about template languages.

OTOH, Meld2 fits into a pipeline model much better than ZPT (at least,
I've never heard of anybody treating a rendered ZPT as something to feed
back into the ZPT engine, and if I did, I'd think they were nuts.).
So Meld2 would be one possible way to implement the site theming
in Paul E's proposal.

But we're pretty thoroughly OT now, and there's nothing CMF-specific
about Meld2 (heck there's not even a Zope implementation yet), so I'll
stop now :-)

Paul Winkler