On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 10:23:25 -0800, Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have difficulties to understand the paragraph:

  What have anchors to do with the query string?

As I understand it, "anchors" (fragments in the URL) are a client
only concept: fragments are not transfered to the server.

Correct, but it's impossible to construct valid anchors that do not reload the page if you do not have a working ACTUAL_URL because of Zope setting
the <base> value to something else than the current page.

Thus, a link like <a href="#someanchor" /> will *reload the page*, then go to the anchor - which is clearly not desirable behaviour.