--On 6. Dezember 2005 11:43:18 -0800 Alexander Limi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 22:38:08 -0800, Andreas Jung

Thus, a link like <a href="#someanchor" /> will *reload the page*, then
go  to the anchor - which is clearly not desirable behaviour.

Why can't you define your own concatenation of ACTUAL_URL + query string
within the global definitions of Plone?

That's what we do, but it defeats the purpose of the variable in the
first  place - which was to have an easy way for Zope templating people
to create  anchor tags that work.

The primary reason to add ACTUAL_URL was to have a reliable variable for both vhost and non-vhost environment as far as I remember. I can't remember why the implementation ended up without the query string but as you said you can easily deal with this issue by using a global define.