I recently moved a CMF product I developed from older Zope/CMF versions
to newer, and have run into "metaclass of a derived class must be a
(non-strict) subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases" when
attempting to import the product.

I'm reading up on metaclass programming now, because this is totally
foreign to me. What change produced this? The use of new-style classes
in Zope 2.8?

My product was developed with Zope 2.7.3, CMF 1.5.0, and Python 2.3.3.
I am porting to Zope 2.8.4, CMF 1.5.5, Python 2.4.2.

My offending class is:
class ProxyGroup(CMFCatalogAware, CMFBTreeFolder)

I previously had imported CMFBTreeFolder from the BTreeFolder2 product,
but now am trying to import from CMFBTreeFolder within CMFCore.

Any tips, explanations?

Just $16.99/mo. or less.