There is a good chance that the current ZPT implementation of Z2 will be replaced with a wrapper implementation around the Z3 ZPT code (my current implementation provides wrappers for ZopePageTemplate and PageTemplateFile which works fine with a nacked Zope). After a deprecation period there is a good chance that the TALES module and most all other additional functionalies from the Products.PageTemplates might disappear. CMF currently uses functionality from Expressions.py, TALES and some other modules. Do you see any chance to migrate the related code to use Z3 functionality so we could leave just a thin Z3 ZPT wrapper in place for backward compatibility?

-aj