On 20 Dec 2005, at 13:10, Martin Aspeli wrote:

The following checkin on the 1.6 branch, which looks like a pure cleanup item, completely breaks Plone 2.1 and up on CMF 1.6. I assume that was not the intention.

http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/1.6/CMFCore/TypesTool.py? rev=40364&r1=40360&r2=40364

Do you know how it breaks Plone, exactly?

What was this checkin intended to do?

I don't know what the checkin was supposed to do apart from a cleanup, that's why I am asking Yvo.

That "CMFDynamicViewFTI" doohickey (no idea what that is, really, but Plone needs it for some reason) tries to import "typeClasses" from CMFCore.TypesTool and add information about itself to it. See "fti.py" module.