Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
Thanks a lot Florent, I assume Martin can go off and do his magic with that description.

Just a note in passing to those of us that are more on the CMF-users
than developers side:

Starting to look into this myself I just wasted a couple of minutes
because of my outdated setup (I had a plain Zope-2.8.4-final release)

Looking at INSTALL.txt from the CMF-1.6 bundle I found

    - Zope 2.8.1 or later

so I thought I'm on the safe side but digging deeper one
actually sees in GenericSetup.DEPENDENCIES.txt:

Zope >= 2.8.5
Five >= 1.2

So I got a Zope-2.8.5-final only to realize later that
this ships with Five-1.0.2 :-(

Instead of upgrading Five, I thought I better get Zope-2.9.0b1
which wanted me to upgrade my Python to 2.4.2. I only have a 2.4.1
around with I took and now everything seems OK.

Please don't get me wrong: this isn't to blame anyone but only
to maybe save some other peoples time who want to jumb right in
(and of course making the docs somewhat more explicit wouldn't
hurt either).

PS: the error I got with my outdated setup was:

    ImportError: cannot import name profile_registry

on start-up while trying to load CMFCalendar.

PPS: Playing in ZMI a bit I noticed that creating a
CMF site TTW and selecting *all* optional extensions

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFDefault.factory, line 63, in addConfiguredSite
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 245, in runAllImportSteps
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 711, in _doRunImportStep
Module Products.CMFCore.exportimport.workflow, line 139, in importWorkflowTool
  Module Products.GenericSetup.utils, line 705, in importObjects
  Module Products.GenericSetup.utils, line 701, in importObjects
  Module Products.DCWorkflow.exportimport, line 79, in _importBody
  Module Products.DCWorkflow.exportimport, line 957, in _initDCWorkflow
Module Products.DCWorkflow.exportimport, line 974, in _initDCWorkflowVariables
  Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 297, in _setObject
  Module Products.DCWorkflow.Variables, line 151, in _checkId
  Module Products.DCWorkflow.ContainerTab, line 54, in _checkId
Bad Request: The id "action" is already in use.