On 21 Dec 2005, at 12:06, Raphael Ritz wrote:
Starting to look into this myself I just wasted a couple of minutes
because of my outdated setup (I had a plain Zope-2.8.4-final release)

Looking at INSTALL.txt from the CMF-1.6 bundle I found

  Requirements

    - Zope 2.8.1 or later

so I thought I'm on the safe side but digging deeper one
actually sees in GenericSetup.DEPENDENCIES.txt:

Yes, this will need some cleanup before the first beta.

Instead of upgrading Five, I thought I better get Zope-2.9.0b1
which wanted me to upgrade my Python to 2.4.2. I only have a 2.4.1
around with I took and now everything seems OK.

You can just download and put Five 1.2b into your INSTANCE_HOME, it will be loaded in preference to the stuff in the SOFTWARE_HOME

jens