I've found the partial answer through the 'Settings...' on the drop down only it doesn't seem to want to save my restrictions.

-- IV

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:46:28 -0600
 "Ignacio Valdes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello all, I would like to restrict what a Plone user can add based on the folder they are currently navigating in. For instance, I have a folder named My Protocols. I only want a user that is a member of the group 'Staff' to be able to add 1) folders. 2) CMFQuestion questionnaires and 3) a custom Archtype 'protocol' item to My Protocols and its sub-folders. No other items should be addable in that folder.

Similarly, I want to restrict the ability to add 'protocol' archtype to any other folder except My Protocols or its sub-folders.

In short, the ability of any user that is a member of group 'staff' to create a protocol should only be able to happen in folder 'My Protocols'.

How does one do this in Plone? Thanks!

-- IV