On 3 Feb 2006, at 00:31, Rob Miller wrote:
I mean sticking Plone-only stuff onto something that's a simple user
folder and should be completely agnostic of how it is used.

oh, i see.  did i imply that Plone-only behaviour should be dropped
into the CMF?  i'm not detecting some prejudice that might possibly be
causing certain readers to jump to conclusions about my proposal, am i? ;-)

Did I say CMF? No, I did not. I said PAS.

Both Plone or CMF-specific stuff have no place in PAS, only in modules, which seems to be your goal, so that's good.